NHEF Scholars Spotlight – Maimuna Sulaiman
Name: Maimuna Sulaiman (NHEF Scholar ’17)
University: Bayero University, Kano (Law)
Industry Track: Law
Destination: Fides and Fiducia LP
My testimonial on my experience so far, from the Scholars Program to be precise, can be summarized thus;
- I got to discover that I had so much potential and my “unknown” inner strength unfolded.
- Through my interaction with other scholars, I appreciated the fact that a set of young people can still discuss in a forum whereby their gadgets, clothes or class, tribe or other immaterial things do not talk, but their brains, intelligence, smartness and confidence speaks.
- The program was an eye opener, it made us realise that no dream is too big and no individual is too small.
- The scholars were better than I expected. I mean, coming from different backgrounds, one would expect that there would be some sort of barrier with regards to communication, and other things. They were all accommodating, understanding and we all respected our differences without making it a big deal.
- The scholars program boosted my confidence and I believe what we have learnt so far is going to help me in the professional and competitive market. It personally have started seeing improvements in the way I do things. I recently helped an older friend of mine rewrite a CV using what I learnt at the scholars program. I now see and think of things differently.
- The kind of people I met made me foresee a better Nigeria if we all can work together as a nation, a team.
- I believe that with programs like that of the NHEF, Nigerians stand a high chance of competing and doing well globally. We do not lack intelligence, innovation or brains. We just do not have the means or possess ways of working and discovering our inner strengths through programs like this.
- I sure can testify that I have developed better confidence in myself.
- Lastly, I would like to applaud the scholars not only for working together. We did work as a team. But I loved the constructive criticism and mind-blowing arguments we had between ourselves. It widened my horizon.