The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) code-back challenge is a crowd sourcing initiative for and by NHEF Scholars to create their ideal NHEF App.
The NHEF seeks to create a continuous development community to stay engaged with its Scholars across all cohorts. We believe that no one knows our impact better than our Scholars themselves. Hence, we are challenging them to develop their ideal NHEF Mobile App.
The winning team will be awarded a cash prize of N250,000 with the opportunity to collaborate and develop the Application further with a professional Mobile Application Developer.
RULES & GUIDELINES
- The challenge is open to NHEF Scholars Program Alumni and the Class of 2019
- To compete, teams must consist of 2-4 members and may include individuals across all NHEF partner universities and program cohorts.
- Teams can be formed across any of our partner universities
- Both APK and Source Code of the submitted App should be uploaded on GitHub
- Source code of the App should be written by the team and not copied from available resources online; therefore, we recommend that each team have one scholar with substantial coding experience.
- The mobile App should have Cross-Platform functionality
- Proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline along with a profile of team members.
Qualified entries will be evaluated based on App features (Technology) and User Experience / User Interface (Design).
The App should have but not be limited to the following features:
- Community for Scholars and Mentors
- Events Calendar
- Program Resource Library
- Surveys and Testimonials
- Job and Internship Postings
- Other Opportunities
Terms & Conditions:
Submissions open on September 2, 2019 and close on September 30, 2019. The winning team will be contacted via email and announced on our social media.
By entering a Submission and consenting to the terms, the Participants agree that the NHEF reserves an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, distribute to the public, and publicly display Submission starting on the date of the announcement of contest winners.