On Saturday, July 8th, 2023, the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) organized a highly successful Higher Education Forum, bringing together over 200 prominent leaders, educators, policymakers, and stakeholders from the academia, industry, and government sectors. The momentous event, held at the Bankers House, Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), Victoria Island, Lagos, served as a platform for robust discussions, knowledge exchange, and strategic collaborations to advance the quality and relevance of higher education in Nigeria.
Themed “Preparing Nigerian Students for 21st Century Workplace: Navigating the Path to Impactful Careers,” the 2023 Higher Education Forum emphasized the pivotal role of higher education in driving national development and equipping the youth with the skills required to address contemporary challenges.
Key highlights of the forum included:
- Panel Discussions on Crucial Topics: Thought-provoking panel discussions explored diverse topics, such as “Fostering Research and Innovation in Nigerian Universities,” “Enhancing Industry-Academia Collaboration for Economic Growth,” and “Equipping Graduates for the 21st Century Workforce.” Panelists engaged in insightful conversations, sharing their expertise and perspectives on fostering academic excellence and addressing the nation’s socio-economic challenges.
- Research Presentations: Faculty presented cutting-edge research presentations, highlighting the latest advancements in various fields. These presentations showcased their experience at the NHEF, the insights about how transnational crimes can affect universities, and how teaching skills can be improved using the 4 R’s development model – Reflect, Refocus, Retool, Reassess.
- Networking and Collaboration Opportunities: The Higher Education Forum provided a conducive environment for networking and partnerships between universities, industry leaders, and government representatives. Participants leveraged these opportunities to explore collaborations that could lead to impactful research projects and initiatives.
- Recognition of Outstanding Contributions: During the forum, the NHEF recognized the achievement of the faculty fellows during the university competition challenge presentations, of which Bayero University emerged winner and
won a SMART learning board for their University.
The speakers at the event are –
– Walé Adeosun, CFA, Founder & CEO, Kuramo Capital Management and NHEF Chairman
– NHEF Partner Universities Vice Chancellors
– Kofo Akinkugbe, Founder & CEO, SecureID
– Nelson Wilbert, Country Manager, SLB (formerly known as Schlumberger)
– Ebele Enedah, Partner, Punuka Attorneys
– Anthony Oputa, Regional Partner, West Africa, Ernst & Young
– Dr. Femi Pitan, Board Member, NHEF
– Temilade Adelakun, Associate Product Marketing Manager, Google – NHEF Alumni Scholar
Speaking about the success of the 2023 Higher Education Forum, Walé Adeosun, Chairman of the Nigeria Higher Education Foundation, expressed his profound gratitude to all participants for their valuable contributions. “The Higher Education Forum has once again demonstrated the power of collaboration and dialogue in advancing the quality of higher education in Nigeria. We deeply appreciate the commitment and dedication shown by all participants in exploring innovative solutions to the challenges facing Nigeria’s education landscape.”
The 2023 Higher Education Forum epitomized the NHEF’s dedication to fostering academic excellence, knowledge dissemination, and strategic partnerships that will shape the future of Nigeria’s higher education sector and drive the nation’s progress.
For more information about the NHEF and its initiatives, please visit Programs – NHEF (thenhef.org).